In the spirit of Christmas only being five days away, I’ve decided to write 25 Things I’ve Learned Post DJ Days.
I know – what are DJ days? Detour Jesus days. Those days refer to the time period in my life when I didn’t have a relationship with Jesus and oh how I’ve learned so much since then.
- My past does not define me and my mistakes are not my identity.
- Community is so very important. God speaks to His people through other believers and ones closest to me are often used.
- Accountability is not a bad thing. It’s calling your brother and/or sister in Christ out on something that may be hurting them or not glorifying God.
- God doesn’t promise marriage to all of us but He promises to love us unconditionally.
- It’s not about the do’s and don’t’s. It’s about the relationship I have with God and that navigates the way I live my life.
- While navigating my life, I won’t always succeed. That’s ok. That’s why Jesus died for me.
- God is in control. Always. Even when I don’t understand it, don’t like it, or can’t do anything about it, His plan is greater.
- When God is refining me, it can be so painful. Sometimes it’s Him removing things or people from my life and it can cause major heartbreak.
- But, He is worth it. He’s worth the pain and heartbreak because when I get to the other side of that pain, I can finally see the situation for what it was and I see God’s goodness.
- Godly women try to embody empowering strength, a presence that makes people feel at home and safe, and have an inner beauty.
- A Godly man tries to pursue, provide and protect.
- Suffering does not equal God abandoning me. He is with me in the midst of suffering and He often teaches me things during my suffering.
- Jesus has given me everything I need to be content.
- Prayer is a blood bought gift for me. It’s how I know God and prayer is how I move God.
- God is constantly chasing me. He breaks labels, rejection, chains, and my view of me. He gives me so much purpose.
- Being a good friend means pouring out love and mercy. God didn’t love or befriend people because of what they could give back to Him.
- I have been in other situations that have prepared me for now.
- I have a purpose in this world. Jesus has given me a gift and that gift should be used to serve Him and change the lives of others.
- God didn’t make me to do everything. All of the good work that comes from Heaven doesn’t always have my name on it –> Don’t get burned out.
- As a human, I want to be fully known and fully loved. People can’t do that. That’s God’s role.
- Putting my trust in God doesn’t mean I have to understand everything about Him.
- Jesus can’t be overcome by any form of darkness in my life.
- Even when everything in the world is going crazy or everything in MY world is chaotic, I shouldn’t freak out. Jesus isn’t freaking out because He’s forever on the throne and has already won.
- The Lord has something prepared for me and His spirit can reveal it to me by enlightening my heart.
- God chose me through the birth of Jesus, the death of Jesus, and the resurrection of Jesus. I am deeply loved.
So are you. I hope these 25 things have helped you and brought light to the fact that it’s ok to be human. God doesn’t ask you to be perfect. He just wants you to love Him.
Merry Christmas, y’all!
Let’s be friends!